Snail Mail

Boo's only means of communication off Bikarej is via Mail. She'd love to recieve letters from everyone!

Boo Flynn
c/o World Teach
PO Box 627
Majuro, MH 96960
Republic of Marshall Islands

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Waiting to leave Majuro

Hi Mom and Dad,

This might be the last time I get on a computer, but I'll talk to you on the phone before I leave.  Nothing much has been happening.  We cleaned out the dorm kitchen today because one of our volunteers has to live there all year and it just wasn't in a liveable condition.  There were dead bugs everywhere, in the fridge, in the cabinets, stuck to the walls... cockroaches running around, the windows weren't see-through.  We moved the fridge under it and there was a good 3 inches of dirt and live bugs to shovel out.  It's much better now but still gross.  I feel so bad for her.  The Dartmouth volunteers have been using the kitchen like it's no big deal for a week now, and didn't understand why we were all cleaning it.  It's worse than the cottage after winter.  Our volunteer talked to the Dartmouth volunteer who will be living there all year too, and he had no idea what the problem was.  He asked her is the Marshall Islands is a poor country.  I don't know what planet he is from.

Just hanging out waiting to leave for Bikarej.  Todd and Ken might take me around tomorrow or Tuesday to spend the $300, I have a whole list with prices that I made up last week, including a world map and composition books for each student.  I'm so excited.

I'll be excited to leave for Bikarej but it will be hard not to be able to talk to you guys.  I'll write lots of letters.  Oh and I got another envelope from you, thanks for the pictures!  I passed them around at dinner because everyone wanted to see them.

I miss you, say hi to Teddy and everyone for me!
Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment