Snail Mail

Boo's only means of communication off Bikarej is via Mail. She'd love to recieve letters from everyone!

Boo Flynn
c/o World Teach
PO Box 627
Majuro, MH 96960
Republic of Marshall Islands

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The trip to Bikarej

Bethy recieved this nice e-mail - our 1st word about Boo since she left Majuro for Bikarej.  Attached are some great picures she took as well!


From: Angela Saunders
Sent: Mon, Aug 13, 2012 02:45:43 GMT+00:00
Subject:
Marshall Islands Picture
Hi Mrs Flynn, 
My name is Angela Saunders, I am in the Marshall Islands right now researching of my Masters thesis. Previously I was WorldTeach Field Director for 2 years, the Field Director for the two current directors who are Boo's directors. I helped out with some of the orientation session and have gotten to know this group of volunteers. I am really good friends with them and have been to Bikarej a couple times where Boo is now place. I was able to go on the boat out to Bikarej with her, Todd and two other volunteers Leslie and John last Friday. It is such a beautiful island, it holds a special place in my heart. I wanted to send you some of the pictures I took. When we are the boat on the way out and just about at Boo's Island we came across a pod of dolphins. The sun was shining and the dolphins were jumping everywhere around the boat. It was really beautiful and Boo could not contain her enjoyment. I think she was able to capture some on video that is on a card that I believe will be on it's way to you soon. Once we got to the islands she will be living on all she could keep saying was "I can't believe this is real, it is so beautiful". I am sure you will hear it from her as well, so I don't want to ruin that letter for you :). She was extremely happy and the host family welcomed us with lots of food and fresh coconuts. There was pig and octopus stew, quite a treat. We then saw walked over to the school and she got to see her classroom. 

Picture 1838 is her, Leslie and John waiting for the boat to leave. 

1893 on the boat just starting to go

the the dolphins (sorry I can't remember what number goes with which one)

and then we are on her island

Cheers, 

Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment