Snail Mail

Boo's only means of communication off Bikarej is via Mail. She'd love to recieve letters from everyone!

Boo Flynn
c/o World Teach
PO Box 627
Majuro, MH 96960
Republic of Marshall Islands

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Beth's Trip Begins - Halfway to Bikarej






After a 2 week postponement, Beth started her journey to visit Boo Thursday morning.

Ted and I dropped her off at Logan for her 7:30 AM flight - original itinerary had her flying Boston to Chicago, then Chicago to Honolulu - 14 hours.  Then a 14 hour layover, and a 5 hour jaunt to the Marshall Islands.

The layover would allow her to sleep in a hotel, vs. hanging at the airport (only - at most - one flight a day to Majuro)

An auspicious start however - flight from Boston late and she missed her connection.  Finally made it to Honolulu - but 7 hours later . . . . 21 hours total.

From: bflynn6733
Subject: Half way to Bikarej!

Date: February 28, 2013 4:54:12 PM EST
To: Doug&Kathy, Tom&Anu, Pete&Karen, Todd&Wendy, Mom&Dad, Jim

Hi everybody
I'm on an excessively long and unplanned layover in San Francisco ... was hoping to be half way to Honolulu by now... but by Saturday I should be on a boat to Bikarej with Booey! I heard word that she is going to try and get over to the main island with the official councilman’s boat to meet me. I'll have some entertaining pictures I'm sure after a week of island life. I hope to be as brave as Booey is when it comes to food ;)  I will report on how she's doing, which I'm sure is as well as it seems in her letters... meantime I hope all's well in Michigan and Massachusetts and New York and Connecticut and North Carolina!
Beth

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

From: JAMES FLYNN
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:45 PM

To: bflynn6733


Subject: Re: Half way to Bikarej!

Don't buy Beth's contention that she will be brave with her food - the real brave one is Ted who will have to eat what I make while she's away . . .


Sent from my iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment